This guide will show you how to start a new project to create an ASP.NET MVC web application.
- Open Visual Studio by double-clicking on this icon in your start menu
- You will see this loading screen
- Once it has loaded, you will see the main window open
- Click on File > New > Project…
- In the new project window, find the ASP.NET Web Application (.NET Framework) option, give it a meaningful project name and click OK.
- A new window will open. Select the options as per the image below and click OK.
- You should see a new project being created for you